Thursday, September 4, 2008

What are you responsible for?

A friend of mine told me about a women's group she attends. Each week they have a topic and engage in great discussions. During one of her meetings, the topic of discussion centered around this powerful question: "What are you 100% responsible for?"

What a great question! I found myself pondering over that question for several days. What am I responsible for? And what do I want to be responsible for? What am I feeling responsible for that is not mine?

I've discovered that I need to take on some responsibility and let go of some. This has fostered a new outlook for me. I'm committed to making some necessary changes in my life to be responsible for those things that I need to be responsible for. My own happiness is on the top of my list. What about you?

I'm going to keep this blog entry short to allow you to ponder that powerful question as well. Take out your journal and discover...."What are you 100% responsible for?"

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love this question. I tend to take on more than what is mine and I know that this is not my best self.

I know I am 100% responsible for my health, my own happiness and my choices and my relationships.

I know where I go others follow.. my children, my co workers, Attitude is everything.
Great question Thanks

Heidi Michaels, Life & Sports Performance Coach said...

Thanks for your comments, Suzanne.
Being 100% responsible to your health, happiness, choices and relationships is what life is all about. To really take on the responsibility of it, is powerful!