Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Steps to Achieving A More Balanced Life

In general, Mothers have HUGE hearts and they give it all. They work until it hurts. They give to their children, spouses, friends, at work, volunteering...the list goes on and on. Most Moms also tend to get frustrated, stressed, exhausted, drained. Moms often try to solve this by working harder, giving more, doing more....really giving EVERYONE their all. And, it shows. Many times it shows in their health, in their well-being. Giving until it hurts is not sustainable.

However, there IS another way!

Most Moms want good health, energy and more time.
How do I know this? I was one of those Moms. I gave to everyone and everything, except myself. I felt guilty if I dared even think about doing something for me. Sit down, read a book? I just could not! There was always something to DO!
I live my life very differently now. I learned to slow down, live in the moment, fill myself up with what I love. This new way of living has enabled me to be fit, healthy, balanced and present for my family.

Here's four things you need to know:
1. Invest in yourself, NOW. Not tomorrow. TODAY.
Just as a financial advisor would tell you, if you want to save $10 a month, put it in your savings account first, then pay your bills. Same for YOU, fill yourself up then you'll know how much you have to give.
2. Get clear about what your personal values are, and start living them.
What's really important to you? Think about someone you most admire. What are the qualities of that person? Those qualities are important to you because they are also your personal values. Is honesty important to you? Then how can you live more honestly right now?
3. Know the first signs of stress and release them.
Pay attention to your body. How do you experience stress? How do you release it?
4. Set clear boundaries. Learn to say NO!


Sounds simple, doesn't it?
Well, the key to making changes in your life is not to just think about what and how to change...it's taking ACTION!
So, how will you invest in yourself TODAY? What action will you take?
What action will you take in getting clear about your values and then living them?
What action will you take to relieve your stress?
What do you need to say NO to in order to say YES to yourself?

No comments: