Monday, October 1, 2007

Life is Like a Sailboat

"You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction." -Jim Rohn

I gave this quote to a group of women the other day. It's one of my favorite quotes. I remember a time in my life that I felt I had no control over my destination. I was (and still am) a mother of five living a very busy, full life. Yet, I was yearning for something more. Yes, I love being a mother. But at the time, not only was I questioning who I was, I wondered who my kids thought I was. Did they see me as someone who cooked their meals, walked them to the bus stop, did the laundry, the shopping, etc, etc, etc? Did they know that I had other talents that I no longer made time to pursue?

The day I chose to change my direction, was the day my life took on a new destination. While I won't go into the details of my transition, needless to say, I am happy I chose to do something about it. I now live empowered, confident and full of passion for my life. I am a woman, mother, a wife, an athlete, a musician, a life coach, an entrepeneur! My kids see me capable of creating a life I love.

I no longer live my life letting the wind blow my sails wherever it may. Instead, I live focused on the destination of my choice and I maximize the winds to sail on. I enjoy the gentle breezes and the brisk winds.

How about you? What's your direction?

No comments: